South Leicestershire Mobile Toy Library Privacy Notice
This notice explains how and why we use your personal data, to ensure that you remain informed and in control of your personal data.
What is personal data?
Personal data is any information which relates to a person and could be used to identify a person.
What Personal data do we collect?
We collect data that you provide us with during our usual operations. This includes information that you give us when joining the Toy library and any other information that we collect during your membership that enables us to provide you with the service that you signed up for. For example:
- Personal details such as name, address, date of birth, email, telephone number, family information
- Details of child’s condition, needs and preferences
- Information about the toys that we lend to you and records of any ongoing correspondence with parents/carers that will help in providing a service
- Data from third parties. This includes information received from other early years professionals about the child or wider family when making a referral to the Toy library and occasional ongoing information received that helps us in providing a service.
How we use personal Data
- We only ever use your personal data where it is necessary to do so and will only retain it for as long as you remain a member of the toy library.
- We may use personal data we hold to communicate with you and promote South Leicestershire Mobile Toy Library. This includes keeping you up to date with our news, services, events and any relevant changes to our service.
- We use personal data for administration purposes including; service delivery, maintaining our records, reporting and responding to any enquiries.
Disclosing and sharing Data
We will never sell your personal data. Occasionally we may share your information with other partner organisations but only when necessary in providing the service that you have signed up for or protecting children that may be vulnerable.
We will only collect and use personal data about young people under the age of 16 where necessary to enable us to provide our service and with the consent of a parent or carer.
How we Protect and store data
Personal data is held in our office in a secure manual filing system that is locked and only authorised members of staff have access to it.
Keeping you in control
Your legal rights are as follows:
- You have the right to be informed if we hold any of your personal data and to request a copy if you wish.
- The right to have your personal data erased (although this would result in us being unable to provide you with the service that you signed up for)
- The right to have inaccurate data rectified.
How can you access or update your information?
You can ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you at any time by contacting the Toy library Co-ordinator at: email@example.com or calling: 01455 209447
Registered Address: 8 Cross street, Market
Harborough LE16 9ES
Charity registration number: 1119837